Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Closing Time

    One month ago today, I graduated. It’s hard to believe that one month has come and passed, but it’s even harder to believe that four years have come and passed! Technically, I have not earned my degree yet, I’m taking an online writing class right now, and once that is finished, and then I will have my B.A. in chemistry.
    So what’s next? Right now I’m working at the Boys and Girls Club of Central Iowa for the summer. We’re two weeks into summer club, and things are going really well so far.
    In a few weeks, I’ll be applying for physical therapy admission. If I get it, I would begin school in the summer of 2014, which basically leaves this year as a “gap year”. Following the summer, I have three more classes to finish up – two physical therapy prerequisites and one math class for my math major. Since I’ll be taking those part-time, I also hope to hold down a full-time job once the summer is over, so I can save up a bit of money for PT school.
    I’ll try to update my journey periodically. One song that resonates with me during this transition period is “Closing Time” by Semisonic. Although my four years at Drake were amazing, and it’s bitter sweet to see them come to the end, I’m not at the beginning of a new adventure and phase in my life. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”




Couldn't have made it these four years without my wonderful family!

We did it!



No comments:

Post a Comment